- Introducing Defraggler
- Using Defraggler
- Boot Time Defrag
- Defraggler options - General tab
- Defraggler options - Defrag tab
- Defraggler options - Quick Defrag
- Defraggler options - Exclude Tab
- Defraggler options - Advanced tab
- Priority and shutdown settings
- Language settings
- Changing Drive Map View
- Large files and free space defragmentation
- Technical Information
- Advanced Usage
Boot Time Defrag
Defraggler has a Boot-Time Defrag option which allows you to defrag files that are normally locked by the Operating System before the operating system is fully loaded.
To enable Boot-Time defrag:
- In Defraggler’s main menu, click Settings, and then click Boot Time Defrag.
- You can select the following run options: Disabled – disable this option
When you enable this option a dialog box will be displayed to inform you that this option has been switched on and ask you whether you would like to reboot your PC now. If you choose YES, your PC will be rebooted and defragged. If you choose NO, your PC will be defragged upon the next reboot.
Run Once – defrags files during boot time only once
Run Every Time – defrags files during boot time every time you start your PC