What can you use it for?
From its name, you can guess that CCleaner is used to clean up your system. In fact, the first 'C' in CCleaner stands for the 'crap' that it can clean out. It has other uses too:
- Privacy: Delete passwords, Internet files, configuration files, and remove System Restore points from a shared PC.
- Security: Clean out files from a PC you're giving away or selling. You can also wipe free space so the remnants of any files you deleted previously will be erased forever.
- Speed: Speed up your computer by removing unneeded files. Speed up boot times by reducing the number of programs that start with Windows.
- Stability: Enable Windows to run more smoothly with a clean Registry.
- Space: Free up hard drive space by deleting unnecessary files. Detect and remove duplicate files that clutter up your PC.
- Real-time Protection (CCleaner Professional Only): Clean online traces every time you close Internet Explorer, Chrome, or another browser. Check and clean your PC regularly and automatically.